The Ngā Tāngata Tiaki o Whanganui Trust Annual Report for 2015-2016 is now avaliable online – click here
If you would like a hard copy please call our team 0800 AWA TUPUA (0800 292 8878) or email email@example.com
Copies of the Annual Report will be distributed at the Annual General Meeting to be held 25th September 2016, commencing at 11 am at Rānana (Ruakā) Marae, Rānana -Whanganui River.
Annual General Meeting Notice
Ngā manga iti, ngā manga nui e honohono kau ana, ka tupu, hei Awa Tupua. He powhiri tenei ki ngā uri maha o Whanganui Iwi.
The Ngā Tāngata Tiaki o Whanganui Annual General Meeting for the period 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 will be held:
Date: 25th September 2016, commencing at 11am
Venue: Rūaka Marae, Rānana, Whanganui River Rd.
- Whakatau and Karakia
- Confirmation of 2015 AGM minutes
- Presentation of Annual Report for 2015-2016
- Presentation of Annual Plan for 2016-2017 and Five Year Plan
- Approve Appointment of Auditor for 2016-2017
- Approve Trustees’ Remuneration
- General Business
- Karakia Whakamutunga
To register for transport from Taumarunui, Ohākune/Raetihi and Whanganui call 0800 AWA TUPUA (0800 292 8878).
Māori Affairs Select Committee for the Te Awa Tupua (Whanganui River Settlement) Bill
Te Awa Tupua (Whanganui River Settlement) Bill – Hearing Submissions WELLINGTON
Ngā Tāngata Tiaki o Whanganui has been notified that the Māori Affairs Select Committee will be hearing late submissions on our Te Awa Tupua (Whanganui River Settlement) Bill on Monday 5th September 2016.
- The venue is confirmed as Committee Room 6, Parliament House – Wellington
- Submissions on the, Te Awa Tupua (Whanganui River Settlement) Bill are scheduled to begin at 4.00 pm
Please note that times are subject to change with that in mind you may wish to arrive earlier.
A copy of the Ngā Tāngata Tiaki submission can be read on the Ngā Tāngata Tiaki o Whanganui website http://www.ngatangatatiaki.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/NTT-Submission-Te-Awa-Tupua-Whanganui-River-Claims-Settlement-Bill.pdf
To learn more about Bill and law development please refer the follow link
Te Mana o Te Awa are currently accepting applications for. The closing date for this funding round closes on 11th October 2016. We are hosting an information evening on the 07th of September from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm at Morero Marae, Taumarunui. If you are interested in applying for the fund we would like to invite you to attend this information evening. The session will be a relaxed and will cover the application process in its entirety. This will include:
- An overview of Te Mana o te Awa Programme
- Te Mana o te Awa – Iwi Initiatives
- strategic objectives of the fund
- Priority areas of the fund
- Tupua te Kawa
- Assessment Criteria
- An option to present your proposal to the selection panel
- Application Template Guide
- Patai and some ideas
To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Javell Pereka on 06 2813404. An application form, and a template that can be used to guide your application.